Thursday 16 January 2014

2013 Super Final - Govenador Valadares - Commute, Commute, Shoot, Commute


Hello everybody... sorry about the delay, but I am now well rested and able to type again after a bit of a tedious travel plan.  To cut a long story short, 10 hours to Sao Paolo, 4 hour layover before 2 hours to Vittoria and then a 12 hour lay-over at the Vittoria bus terminal before another 9 hours on a bus to GV.

oh yes, and they managed to lose my glider for a few hours, so add that...

what else?...and did I mention the shooting? I watched a cop shoot a civilian in board-shorts!!! holy crap!


Not that I think Brazil is a dangerous place.  I have been here half dozen times and every single time I am filled with optimism.  There is hope for South Africa (and the African continent in general) if we could emulate some of the magic that Brazil has achieved as a developing nation.  So one random shooting does little to dampen my spirits or diminish my appreciation of a welcoming country and favorite paragliding destination.


No comments: